Thursday, July 30, 2015

Orphaned pine marten entered house through cat flap helped himself to food and had a nap

An orphaned pine marten is being cared for after taking refuge through a cat flap, helping himself to food and settling down for a nap.



Anne Paterson, from Gartness in Stirling, Scotland, watched as the surprise visitor sneaked in from the garden and made himself at home. The little pine marten, who has been named Edan, is being cared for at the Scottish SPCA rescue centre in Fishcross.

Ms Paterson said: "I had spotted the pine marten in the garden a few times but I didn't think anything of it. "Then one day my daughter and I watched him go into the house through the cat flap.



"Our cats weren't around at the time and he started munching away on their food before curling up in one of their beds. I'm glad to hear Edan is doing well after being rescued." It is hoped Edan can be set free in the next four to six weeks.

No comments: