A man has been saved after a fire broke out in his flat in Weymouth. The occupant was led to safety by neighbours.
Dorset Fire and Rescue were alerted to the blaze on Market Street late on Sunday night. The cause of the blaze was burning underpants and socks.
The occupant was trying to dry them in the microwave. Luckily no one was injured and the flat only suffered light smoke damage.
The two pairs of pants and socks on the other hand were burnt to a crisp. Fire chiefs say no one should ever attempt to dry clothes in the microwave.